Incidents involving mercury spills in schools are not as rare as you may think. They can also be dangerous. Mercury can be found in many places in a typical school building including thermostats, wall switches, fluorescent lights, and batteries. It's important for all school staff members to be aware of the dangers caused by mercury spills. The goal of this course is to increase the awareness of school staff members regarding mercury dangers in schools as well as to familiarize you with appropriate procedures in case of a mercury spill.